CONVERGE in Sacramento this Fall
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Welcome back from JEANC!
As you ease into the beginning of the school year with your new staff, consider joining us at the Fall State Convention in Sacramento from Oct. 11-12.
New ideas. Helpful critiques. Challenging on-site contests. The Fall Convention offers you and your staff the chance to connect with other scholastic journalists and advisers throughout the region, while simultaneously being inspired by new and veteran media professionals.
Here’s just a little of what the convention offers:
- More than 40 sessions led by veteran advisers and media professionals
- Topics for all staff types: yearbook, newspaper, magazine, broadcast and online
- Special adviser-only sessions on staff management, curriculum, assessment and more
- Keynote address by Emily Banks, Managing Editor of Mashable.com and former high school journalist
- Photography and Convergence (Web) excursions that give students experience out in the field
- Interactive APPtivity session that introduces students to journalism-related mobile apps and offers a chance to test them out
- Personalized 30-minute critiques or Web consultations ($15)
- On-site contests that allow students to test their skills and win awards ($10)
- Best of the West contest for staffs present at the convention ($10)
- Access to media professionals and other students, advisers
It’s much of what you love about larger conventions without expensive travel costs. Plus it’s early in the year, so your staff members can actually put what they learn to use right away. It’s a win-win.
For more info, visit the convention page at http://jeanc.org. Registration opens online Sept. 1. Early registration (before Oct. 1) is $55 and includes a convention T-shirt. After Oct. 1, rates go up to $65.
We hope you’ll CONVERGE with us in Sacramento this year. You won’t be disappointed.