The session lineup — a preview
September 7, 2011
Filed under 2011 State Convention
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Gearing up for OMG on Oct. 14-15? We are! Here’s a sampling of a few sessions that will be offered at the convention. With a great blend of media professionals and experienced advisers, your staff is sure to leave inspired.
- Look outside yourself
- The more things change …
- Can we publish that?
- Look again: Finding original stories on your campus
- Found sound: An audio excursion
- Teaching the news: Current events in the classroom
- California student press law primer
- Newswriting — it’s (almost) all about speed!
- Writing in-depth features: Tips and ideas
- OMG! We’re a niche web publication now!
- Visual journalism: Transforming your images from “good” to “great”
- Covering a championship season
- Press rights and the private school
- Using social media to improve your brand
- Photo ethics 101 (or “Don’t learn from the pros”)
- The tablets are coming! Be prepared!
- Modernizing and modifying mods
- The sports report
- Pages with power
- Beyond & behind the book
- Marketing your yearbook to the Y Generation
- Manage your deadlines like a pro