Before you enter
Ready to enter the 2017 JEANC Annual Contest?
Here a few documents that might help you to prepare your entries:
• Take a look at our contest category descriptions.
• Remember that all uploaded PDFs cannot exceed 4 MB, so you may need to view this link to preparing your press-ready PDFs.
• Uploaded PDFs should be named as follows: publicationname_category_#.pdf, where # is either 1 or 2 if you are submitting more than one entry in a given category (ex: thetimes_featurestory_1.pdf). Ensure that the information entered on the uploading form matches the file being uploaded!
• Entries that are double-page spreads should be saved as such (not as two separate pages). View this image of the export settings if you are unsure how to do this.
• For categories that require multiple entries (e.g. Yearbook Theme Coverage), we prefer all PDFs to be combined into one file before uploading. However, if the combined file size is too large, please upload the files separately and name them publicationname_category_#of#.pdf. (ex: thetimes_themecoverage_1of4.pdf)
• You may enter twice per category, so long as the two entries are from different students. For entries with more than three students, we suggest only naming the publication. Each entry beyond the three free entries awarded to each adviser is $5, and you will need to know the total number of entries when completing the payment portion of the entry form. All entries should have been created between April 16, 2016 and April 15, 2017. They should not have been entered in the 2016 annual contest.
When you’re ready, go to the entry form. After submitting the form, you will be redirected to an uploading page. If you encounter technical issues before completing the upload process, you will need to return to the uploading page.
Remember, the contest deadline this year is April 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (for entries created between April 16, 2016 and April 15, 2017). Good luck!