JEANC will host third-annual adviser development event Dec. 7 in Pleasanton

Our annual adviser development is back with another great line-up of sessions for all types of journalism teachers and student media advisers.

Join us Dec. 7 in Pleasanton for the third-annual JEANC Teach-In.

Learn from the best in NorCal scholastic journalism education and publications advising. This Saturday workshop led by award-winning teachers includes sessions and activities on these topics and more:

• Curriculum development
  • Multimedia storytelling
  • Maximizing resources
  • Recruitment and retention
  • Career and Technical Education
  • Assessment
  • Entrepreneurial skills

In addition to targeted time with your Professional Learning Community, the JEANC Teach-in includes hands-on segments in which advisers can interact and practice skills and concepts from the workshop sessions. A catered luncheon at noon, included in the $50 workshop fee, includes discussion on topics of interest to 21st-century advising in California specifically.

Event details

Sat., December 7, 2019*
9:30 a.m. registration
10 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. workshop

Location

Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton
5115 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588

Participants also will leave with access to a digital dropbox for all workshop materials as well as a certificate to document the professional development hours.

Register here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jeanc-adviser-development-teach-in-2019-tickets-80611129057

If you’d like to get to know other advisers from around the state, plan to join us Saturday night our JEANC social event, too. Once you register, we’ll send along details about the 6 p.m. adviser dinner and additional information. If you plan to stay overnight, you can book your own accommodations online.

*Sunday morning (Dec. 8) will include additional PLC time from 9-12 based on publication type so participants can collaborate via small group work sessions.